
Tasks Before Apps
I learned a lot about how exactly to incorporate social media platforms into a classroom. I believe it is essential to monitor students' contribution in collaborative tasks. A way to do that is using an online platform that students could write a sentence or two about the steps they plan on taking or an exit slip. students could address questions or concerns in these slips. I also liked the idea addressed in which students use discussion boards or threads in which students could respond to each other'ss work. this is a great way for students to learn from constructive criticism.
TLNT Chapter 8
After reading this chapter, an important part that stuck out to me was the fact digital platforms are used everywhere and they are beneficial to students, teachers, and parents. For example, posting discussion boards and presentations will benefit the students because they focus on what is being said in class instead of copying notes. They can also use the presentations to study and review what they learned in class at home. I remember being in high-school diligently copying notes, having no idea what the teacher was saying. Because of this, I was missing out on some of the key information being spoken about. With presentations posted online, I no longer have to worry about that. Also, an issue that occurs often in the school I am student teaching in is that the students do not have the time or simply do not copy the homework. So now the teachers post the homework online so the students, parents, and caregivers can see exactly what is expected of the students for the next class. This also benefits the teachers because this will give them more class time to educate the students. I also enjoyed the concept of using wikis in a classroom. Wikis not only allows students to access information but rather be a part of the process of creating content. Using wikis in the classroom is a great way for students to support and extend each other's learning.
Comments
Post a Comment