TLNT: Chapter 7

From reading this chapter, I learned a lot about wikis and different ways wikis can be used. For example, wikihows, wikitext, wikiclassroom, wikiblogger, wikiDictionary. All of this seems almost identical to all the resources used in google. Regarding blogs, like this one, it is important to update regularly. Also, a discussion amongst blogs is important as well. It teaches individuals to communicate with other different points of view and appreciate different views. From a teacher perspective, you must be a moderator, guiding the process encompassing the emotions, beliefs, and understandings of their students. This is like a classroom. As a teacher, you must listen to all the students' answers and build upon their thoughts and thinking, whether you agree or disagree. I believe any communication between a teacher and student is essential, whether it is synchronous or Asynchronous communication. I always appreciated the emails throughout my college career because I was able to ask any questions that I had when I was in the comfort of my own home.
TLBG: Chapter 3, Strategy 5

I always liked games, outside and inside the classroom. Games are always a fun way to engage students that can teach us goals, rules, how to adapt, and how to problem solve. games are also great for differentiation. I learned from previous reading, that a good game should have the possibility of different outcomes and ways to come to a solution. Therefore, it is great for differentiation. The students in my class play a goosechase game and they love it because there are many ways to come win. I like the idea in which students match pictures to story elements of a book they read. This would definitely engage students in the classroom I'm student teaching in.
I agree that the use of games inside and outside of the classroom is very beneficial for students. Teachers are able to provide students with games that are for their specific needs as learners. By doing this incorporates differentiation, as you mentioned in your post. Students are able to learn about a topic while having fun!
ReplyDelete